Georgia Peach: 1970 Ford F100 Short Bed

This 1970 Ford F100 short box was sold new by Peach County Motor Co. in Fort Valley, Georgia and still lives in The Peach State town of Watkinsville. It was driven regularly until the owner passed away about ten years ago and is now for sale. You can find it listed here on eBay with a current bid of $3,150. These 5th generation F100s continue to be very popular and short box trucks with awesome patina are the cream of the crop. Have a look at this one and see what you think.

The original 240 cubic inch inline-six has a 1bbl carburetor that feeds fuel in the intake. Unfortunately, the seller says the fuel bowl overflows when the truck is turned off, so a rebuild or replacement is probably in order. The ad also says that it “will run with a jump” so the charging system needs to be addressed as well. Other than those two issues, the seller points out a few minor things that need to be looked at. The nice thing is there have been some maintenance items completed including new plugs, brakes, fuel tank, points, and condenser along with new rear shocks.

The transmission is a 3-on-the-tree that is shifted through a 67-69 column. I’d love to know why the steering column was replaced since this isn’t something you see done too often. The seller says the original floor mat and headliner are in good shape. The dash pad was beyond repair, so it was removed. This is actually a fairly common treatment for these trucks. The metal dash under the pad has a great shape and beyond a few holes, they look great without the pad.

You can see the tires still have stickers on them, which is proof they are fairly new. Unfortunately, the truck has no title and is being sold on a bill of sale. Hopefully, the buyer’s state doesn’t give them too much of a hard time when it comes to registering it. How hard (or easy) is it to register a non-titled vehicle in your state? Let us know.

Have something to sell? List it here on Barn Finds!

Like This? Get Our Daily Email


  1. Gaspumpchas

    seller seems honest, and he took pics of the cab mounts, which are most troublesome on these, they look perfect, some rot in the bed. Look er over good, go to town with a da sander on the surface rust, check the roof good too.Good luck and stay safe.

  2. Wilbur

    In the state of KS u will need to get a lost title from the state from which the trk is from and then u can register for a tag. U can not get it registered in KS until u do that. Now if the trk was in KS u can send for a lost title and get it registered but not out of state

  3. Russell Ashley

    Bill of sale is all you need in Georgia to register it. The title law is pretty loose if the vehicle is over 25 model years old. Georgia started issuing titles in 1963 so if a vehicle is a 1962 or older the state will not issue a title for it even if you request it.

  4. BigPat

    In mass u need a previous registration if no title is present otherwise you can’t register in mass this is from previous experience

Leave A Comment

RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. Don't post your car for sale in the comments. Click here to get it featured on the homepage instead.


Notify me of new comments via email. Or subscribe without commenting.